Edit HTML in PHP File

kduncan4090

Let me apologize in advance for what may seem like a very stupid question for most of you. I am very new to php. I am simply trying to view/html in a .PHP file using Alleycode text editor. When I download the file from the server to my local PC, open the file in Alleycode, I cannot see the HTML. All that I see is the PHP code. Can someone provide me with instruction on how I might view then edit the HTML?

There are hundreds of ways for a PHP script to display HTML.  Maybe it's mixed in.  Maybe it's in an external template file.  Maybe it's at the bottom and you just didn't scroll far enough.

We can't help very much without seeing the site.  Who wrote it?  How come you can't ask them?

Thank yoiu for the quick response ManiacDan. We purchased the code from a 3rd party vendor vendor. I am simply attempting to update the meta code for SEO. When I view the source from the browser it displays the HTML code. However, when I open the .PHP file it only displays the PHP code only. For example the PHP code displayed in Alleycode does not show title & header HTML tags. Please see example below:

Viewing Source from Browser (Lines 3 thru 12)

<head>

<title>Bonus.me | Bonus.me</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/style.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.autocomplete.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/cashbackengine.js"></script>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

<link rel="icon" type="image/ico" href="/favicon.ico" />

</head>

Viewing Source from Alleycode (Lines 3 thru 12)

* CashbackEngine v1.1

* http://www.CashbackEngine.net

* Copyright © 2010 CashbackEngine Software. All rights reserved.

* ------------ CashbackEngine IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE --------------

\*******************************************************************/

session_start();

require_once("inc/config.inc.php");

require_once("inc/pagination.inc.php");

We cannot help you with copyrighted code.  You paid for this, call the company you paid and ask them for help.

Posting the code like you just did is illegal in the US and in most other countries.  I am not a lawyer, but I'd recommend against doing that again.

And if you were about to say "but I didn't pay for the code," save yourself the trouble of being banned and don't say it.  This code costs money.  Pay for it, and they'll be happy to give you tech support.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.