Query takes ages

c_pattle

I have the following query that takes 69 seconds, which I reckon is going to be a tad bit too slow to use on a public facing website  :P .  I was wondering if anyone knows how I can speed up the query. 

SELECT product_data.*, products.supplier_ref, product_pricing.sales_price_inc_vat, products.type_id, MATCH(product_data.product_name) AGAINST ("Metacam") AS score FROM product_data, products, product_pricing WHERE products.type_id = 1 AND product_data.product_id=products.product_id AND product_data.product_id=product_pricing.product_id  AND products.type_id = 1 ORDER BY score DESC LIMIT 20

Let me know if you want me to put the table structures on here but they are quite big!

Thanks

Thanks, this was the results

id select_type table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra

1 SIMPLE product_data ALL NULL NULL NULL NULL 12432 Using temporary; Using filesort

1 SIMPLE product_pricing ALL NULL NULL NULL NULL 5558 Using where

1 SIMPLE products eq_ref PRIMARY PRIMARY 4 animed.product_data.product_id 1 Using where

So I guess I need to add some indexes?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.