Handwritten signature input field

dr4x

I know it's possible, I've seen it on the website of a webhost. But have no idea how they did it, probably some Javascript/PHP combination.

Here's the challenge:

I have a form with several inputs for a name, address, phone nr etc.

At the bottom of the form I need a field that allows the user to hand write his/her signature using a Wacom-pentablet and after clicking submit/save the signature is stored on the server as an image and linked to the specific user in the database.

I could use paint as an alternative, then save the file and upload it in the form. But prefer to implement a graphic-input-field (or something like that) inside the form, without using external programs.

Any tips would be helpful.

Go view the source of the web host, I bet it's flash.

That being said, legally online signatures only require that you collect identifying information and have the user type their name into a box labeled "digital signature."  I am not a lawyer, obviously, but that's what happens when you buy insurance online.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.