Does ajax "calling" steal mouse/keyboard focus away? (ajax ad rotator)

JohnnyDoomo

My problem

I need ads to rotate / refresh while people stay on the same page.

The catch

They are playing games which use the keyboard for control.

Why iframe refreshing doesn't solve my problem

I've tested iframe refreshing, and when games use the keyboard, the iframe steals the focus away from the game and the keyboards are now set to control the iframe that just refreshed.

My question

If I put my ad code inside the ajax to rotate or refresh the ad code every 5 or so minutes, will this steal the keyboard and/or mouse control away from the game like the iframe did?

I'm not a programmer, so I can't even make some quick test to see if it would work or not. I would like to know if it's even possible though before I have a programmer try to program it into my site.

Can somebody with ajax knowledge please let me know if something like this is at all possible. I really don't want to pay to have the work done, and then I find out it has the same problem as the iframe that I could have coded myself.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this!

I'm not sure I understand your response from my OP. I have already tried iframe, and it didn't work. That is why I was asking about the ajax alternative.

As far making the flash content gain focus again, I doubt this would work, as it would that it would still lose focus for some period of time while the ad was refreshing. This wouldn't work, as the focus needs to stay within the game so that controls are never lost.

I need something to allow the ads to be reloaded without reloading the entire page or stealing focus away from a game. I've tested, and know that an iframe refreshing steals the focus away.

Ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.