looking for people to comment on my site

jasonc

I would really appreciate it if you would not post information of the sites name or url from the live site in your replies.

Today I am after comments on how the form functions in different browsers.

I have tested the form myself in various browsers and feel it is ready for testing, what I am after is comments on if it works well or if anyone can see any problems that I may face.  I am wanting to know if I have used to much JavaScript or if this is working properly.

The form was just a long form, but decided to break the form up and have each part filled out before the next part opened up to allow the errors to be corrected before the visitor moved on to the rest of the form.

http://alturl.com/ba58n

yes please ignor the {{}}  these are just for my reference so i know each section is showing correctly.  these will be removed before the page goes live.

I have recently altered the javascript so it only triggers when something is altered instead of running every few seconds apart.  Seems to have quickened the page somewhat.

RE: The form - looks okay to me, as you've taken into account the possibility of the user having disabled JavaScript.  Regarding the rest of the site:

Colors are a lot better than they were, but some of the same issues remain (e.g., serif fonts, boring/plain/small images, etc.).

I'd make your main navigation larger.  It's the smallest element on the page, which belies its importance.

Page-by-page:

About Us: Much better.  Decrease the margin between the title and the content a bit.  Also, make the top of the boxes on the left match the top of the text on the right.  Finally, do more with your 'Email Us' link.  Write out the full address, like:

Email: address@domain.com

And make the email address an actual hyperlink.

You should also remove one of the 'About Us'/'Contact Us' links from your main navigation.  You shouldn't have two links going to the same exact information.

Vehicles: Solid.  Nothing jumps out at first glance.

Services: The heading of "Eurostar St Pancras / Ebbsfleet / Ashford" needs to be moved away from the left border of the content area.  It also needs some separation from the text below it.  Finally, try using the boxes on the other pages (like Vehicles) for the bottom three boxes here.  The current boxes on this page don't mix with the rest.

Thanks KevinM1,  I have made a few changes as you suggested, the services page was not changes as this is the new page, the vehicles page is the next to be done and would take a similar look to the services.

I have also removed all of the serif font as far as I can tell, if you spot any please let me know the page title and some of the text that I have missed.  I just went in to all the files and removed the word serif as the CSS had many fonts family types so.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.