WP thumbnails not visible

nikhilnaik

Mine is a WP blog.. being hosted on dedicated server... the problem is first whenever i used to upload any image.. it turned out to be of (0x0) px.. then  i found out that it was a GD library error.. i asked my host to install it.. after that now instead of the thumbnail... i m getting the following error:

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]: Unable to open '/home/learnhow/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/gmaildrive-64x48.gif' for writing: Permission denied in /home/learnhow/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 451

Warning: getimagesize() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/learnhow/public_html/wp-content/themes/continuum/functions/admin-functions.php on line 644

Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/learnhow/public_html/wp-content/themes/continuum/functions/admin-functions.php on line 645

In my dashboard i always get the following message:

Old version of TimThumb detected in your theme folder. Click here to update. although it is in the latest version... what should be done now... plz help!

site is techarta.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.