PDO

hackalive

Firstly hoping everyone had a good Christmas,

Next,

I am trying to use this code

https://github.com/geoloqi/oauth2-php

And using the PDO

I setup the tables etc but cannot link it to my db.

In my browser i go http://localhost/server/examples/pdo/addclient.php

I need to get it to link to a db but cant.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Basically i opened all of the files in Notepad ++ and could not find anywhere to add my db details!

I found this line:

*   new PDOOAuth2( new PDO('mysql:dbname=mydb;host=localhost', 'user', 'pass') );

in the file: OAuth2StoragePdo.php

But as you can see it is commented out and is surrounded by the following lines:

/**
* @file
* Sample OAuth2 Library PDO DB Implementation.
* Simply pass in a configured PDO class, eg:
*   new PDOOAuth2( new PDO('mysql:dbname=mydb;host=localhost', 'user', 'pass') );
*/

There are no instructions on how to add the DB details and/where.

If I un-comment the above line in its exact location and put in my details I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'PDOOAuth2' not found in webroot\server\examples\pdo\lib\OAuth2StoragePdo.php on line 11 

So any help is greatly appreciated.

Basically i opened all of the files in Notepad ++ and could not find anywhere to add my db details!

That is because there is no place to put your details.  That class does not connect to the database on it's own.  You do that in your code, then pass the handle to the classes' constructor.  Read that comment you pointed out.  It tells you to do just that, and even shows you exactly how to do it.

/**

* @file

* Sample OAuth2 Library PDO DB Implementation.

* Simply pass in a configured PDO class, eg:

*  new PDOOAuth2( new PDO('mysql:dbname=mydb;host=localhost', 'user', 'pass') );

*/

Perhaps you will understand better if it is separated out:

$dbConnection = new PDO('mysql:dbname=mydb;host=localhost', 'user', 'pass');
$oauth = new PDOOAuth2($dbConnection);

I added

define("PDO_DSN", "mysql:dbname=dbname;host=localhost");
define("PDO_USER", "user");
define("PDO_PASS", "pwd");

which got rid of the above error,

now i get this error

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to OAuth2StoragePDO::__construct() must be an instance of PDO, none given, called in webroot\server\examples\pdo\addclient.php on line 13 and defined in webroot\server\examples\pdo\lib\OAuth2StoragePdo.php on line 50 

The comment/documentation in that class definition has the wrong class name and even the include statement in the addclient.php code is for the wrong file.

In addclient.php, you would change the $oauth = new OAuth2StoragePDO(); statement so that the (missing) parameter contains an instance of your desired PDO class.

Assuming that your page makes an instance of a PDO class at some point - $dbConnection = new PDO('mysql:dbname=mydb;host=localhost', 'user', 'pass');

Change any use of new OAuth2StoragePDO() in the 'example' pages to - new OAuth2StoragePDO($dbConnection)

Line 15 of addclient.php would become -

$oauth = new OAuth2StoragePDO($dbConnection);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.