Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freeloader

Multiple cURL sessions

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether it was possible to have multiple cURL sessions launch at the same time. I found out about the multi_init function, but does it satisfy my needs, and if so: can somebody explain me how it works? Php.net haven't documented this function yet. Alternatively, is it possible to launch multiple functions at the same time?

Speed up the process... Having a session start at one side of the webpages it has to get through, and another session at the other.

You could use a callback function and multiple curl_exec if you don't want to use multi_init. E.g.

$hCurl = curl_init();
curl_setopt($hCurl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, 'TransactionResultCallback');
$Output = curl_exec($hCurl);

$hCurl2 = curl_init();
curl_setopt($hCurl2, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, 'TransactionResultCallback2');
$Output = curl_exec($hCurl2);

You will probably need to use a global variable to store the returned string in your callback functions.

I'm not saying I don't want to use multi_init, I would just like to hear some explanation about it. How can I use it and will it do what I want (namely have two cURL functions launch at the same time - so not after each other).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.