Readable Programming Language to Create Audio Software

Glese

This seems to be a bit random here but I thought somebody may here may know. I am wondering which programming language would be a good fit to create audio software like a compressor or a synthesizer for example? The language should be well readable.

The one you are most proficient with.

Fail

This seems to be a bit random here but I thought somebody may here may know. I am wondering which programming language would be a good fit to create audio software like a compressor or a synthesizer for example? The language should be well readable.

Popular ones are C, C++, and Java.

Fail

You can do what he wants with a ton of languages. Without asking a more specific question, that's all he's going to get.

next time I want to make a synthesizer in CSS, ill come to you

Fail

You can do what he wants with a ton of languages. Without asking a more specific question, that's all he's going to get.

next time I want to make a synthesizer in CSS, ill come to you

It's funny the attitude you are giving me considering your signature,

Quality of response = Quality of question

wasn't a terrible question, he wanted to know what languages you could create something like a synthesizer in, seems like a valid question to me.

"the one you are proficient with" is less then helpful. I'm not here to argue, i'm here to help people, later.

he wanted to know what languages you could create something like a synthesizer in

And the answer is: a lot. So pick one you are proficient with, make sure it has libraries for this, and use it.

Ask a vague question, get a vague answer. I'm not sure why you've got your knickers in a twist over it.

There seem to be differing opinions. While C/C++ do not seem to have any official go to documentation Java's documentation seems quite fragmented and requires dissecting, I do side with the opinion that the options do not match with the PHP documentation, one learns to appreciate it more.

I do not intend to dissect and I do not perceive learning a language as fun that way either, I would rather have to have an official go to place similar to the PHP documentation.

The way how it seems to be done as common practice is that there is usually one go to book people read as the manual of the language.

The book "The C++ Programming Language" seems to be well documented and is pretty good reviewed. I had a look inside on Amazon and it seems to be complete, it also is quite big of a book.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.