A shopping site that lets users customize their shoes

liomon41

Hey you guys I have a project that is due in February, its an online shopping site that allows customers to select and customize the shoes just like www.shoesofprey.com, its kind of similar to converse ID and NIkeID but in this case its not flash but just pure html and jquery. I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to go about it or something similar to it but the same concept cos i have no idea of where to start. Im very much okay in php and jquery just want to know how to go about doing this... Thanks alot for your help....

Whenever you press a color they query their server and return 8 images (one image for every angle). IMO all shoes have been modelled in Illustrator or the like with editable layers (every part of the shoe), through some mechanism/server they tell which color each layer should have.

Since it's due in February and you don't know how to do this. I suggest you start looking local/internet for someone who can, and sub-contract them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.