Interface.php.htm voting scripts

babygurl

Hello, i'm new to the scene and started a project 4 months back and have learned a lot along the way i originally had help with this project but over time have lost team members, so i'm having to learn a lot more then anticipated. I've been stuck on this problem for about month now and am seeking some help please:)

:confused: the following code is a voting interface  for a website, most this code was done by a user that has left the team and cannot help anymore:(

i have to figure out how to write two .php scripts Vote.interface.php and do_vote.php, however i cannot figure out how what to write and how the values are carried to the sql and returned

$(function(){$("#accordion").accordion({header:"h4"});$("#dialog").dialog({autoOpen:!1,width:600,buttons:{Ok:function(){$(this).dialog("close")},Cancel:function(){$(this).dialog("close")}}});$("#dialog_link").click(function(){$("#dialog").dialog("open");return!1});$("#dialog_link, ul#icons li").hover(function(){$(this).addClass("ui-state-hover")},function(){$(this).removeClass("ui-state-hover")})});
$(document).ready(function(){$("#loginButton").click(function(){document.getElementById("userInput");return!1});$("#logoutButton").click(function(){$("#logoutPane").slideToggle("medium");$("#loginPane").slideToggle("medium");return!1})});
function dryQuery(){var a;a=window.XMLHttpRequest?new XMLHttpRequest:new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");a.onreadystatechange=function(){4==a.readyState&&200==a.status&&processResponce(!0,a.responseText)};a.open("POST","vote_interface.php",!0);a.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");a.send("action=query")}
function loginUser(a){if("Minecraft Username"!=a){document.getElementById("displayUser1").innerHTML=a;document.getElementById("displayUser2").innerHTML=a;var b;b=window.XMLHttpRequest?new XMLHttpRequest:new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");b.onreadystatechange=function(){4==b.readyState&&200==b.status&&processResponce(!0,b.responseText)};"Bot"==a||3<=a.split(".").length?b.open("POST","vote_interface.php",!1):b.open("POST","vote_interface.php",!0);b.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
b.send("action=login&user="+a)}}
function logoutUser(){document.getElementById("displayUser1").innerHTML="<a color='red'>Logged Out!</a>";document.getElementById("displayUser2").innerHTML="<a color='red'>Logged Out!</a>";document.getElementById("userInput").value="Minecraft Username";var a;a=window.XMLHttpRequest?new XMLHttpRequest:new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");a.onreadystatechange=function(){};a.open("POST","vote_interface.php",!1);a.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");a.send("action=logout");
location.reload(!0)}function updateQuery(){var a;a=window.XMLHttpRequest?new XMLHttpRequest:new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");a.onreadystatechange=function(){4==a.readyState&&200==a.status&&processResponce(!1,a.responseText)};a.open("POST","vote_interface.php",!0);a.setRequestHeader("Content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");a.send("action=query")}
function processResponce(a,b){var c=b.split("|");if("false"!=c[0]){$user=c[0];document.getElementById("displayUser1").innerHTML=$user;document.getElementById("displayUser2").innerHTML=$user;document.getElementById("userInput").value=$user;if(3<=$user.split(".").length||"Override"==$user)document.getElementById("link1").target="_self",document.getElementById("link2").target="_self",document.getElementById("link3").target="_self";$gtop100_secsLeft=c[1].split(":")[1];$mcservers_secsLeft=c[2].split(":")[1];
xtremetop100_secsLeft=c[3].split(":")[1];"false"!=$gtop100_secsLeft?(document.getElementById("gtop100_vote_button").disabled=!0,document.getElementById("gtop100_handIcon").style.visibility="hidden",$("#gtop100_countdown").countdown({until:+$gtop100_secsLeft,compact:!0,layout:"{hnn}{sep}{mnn}{sep}{snn}",onExpiry:updateQuery})):document.getElementById("gtop100_vote_button").disabled=!1;"false"!=$mcservers_secsLeft?(document.getElementById("mcservers_vote_button").disabled=!0,document.getElementById("mcservers_handIcon").style.visibility=
"hidden",$("#mcservers_countdown").countdown({until:+$mcservers_secsLeft,compact:!0,layout:"{hnn}{sep}{mnn}{sep}{snn}",onExpiry:updateQuery})):document.getElementById("mcservers_vote_button").disabled=!1;"false"!=xtremetop100_secsLeft?(document.getElementById("xtremetop100_vote_button").disabled=!0,document.getElementById("xtremetop100_handIcon").style.visibility="hidden",$("#xtremetop100_countdown").countdown({until:+xtremetop100_secsLeft,compact:!0,layout:"{hnn}{sep}{mnn}{sep}{snn}",onExpiry:updateQuery})):
document.getElementById("xtremetop100_vote_button").disabled=!1;a&&($("#loginPane").slideToggle("medium"),$("#logoutPane").slideToggle("medium"),$("#step2").click())}}function checkSubmit(){if(window.event&&13==window.event.keyCode)document.getElementById("loginButton").click();else return!0}dryQuery();setInterval("updateQuery()",3E4);

so ive read up on some ajax and some php/mysql and understand a little better however this style of coding is nothing like what i've seen on the net a lot of values are flopped and split..

im also confused on another part:

<a id="link1" target='_blank' href="vote.php?site=gtop100" onclick="trackVote("Gtop100")"><button id="gtop100_vote_button" width="108">

is the link to the site stored in MYsql and when it ?site=gtop100 is their something in the vote.php and what does

onlick="trackvote do is that custom function?

..so i guess i'm trying to figure out the order< html sends $user and ID=link1 to vote.php and post info into the tables?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.