website updation

jimsanghvi@hotmail.com

Dear All

I am new to ckeditor . Please need some help . Say for example i have posted my web page on godaddy server and i want to make some change on text for eg : index.html page . So when i make some changes and click on save button of ckeditor tool . Will that web page posted on godaddy server will be automatically updated and when i reopen or refresh that page posted on godaddy will show that changes .

Will i need to publish that page

Please please help

Dear All

I am new to ckeditor . Please need some help . Say for example i have posted my web page on godaddy server and i want to make some change on text for eg : index.html page . So when i make some changes and click on save button of ckeditor tool . Will that web page posted on godaddy server will be automatically updated and when i reopen or refresh that page posted on godaddy will show that changes .

Will i need to publish that page I am new to ckeditor . Please need some help . Say for example i have posted my web page on godaddy server and i want to make some change on text for eg : index.html page . So when i make some changes and click on save button of ckeditor tool . Will that web page posted on godaddy server will be automatically updated and when i reopen or refresh that page posted on godaddy will show that changes .

Will i need to publish that page

Tool Like wordpress and vignette . You make changes and click on publish and it automatically make changes to website . So in same way can it be done in ckeditor

Please please help

Please please help

No.  CKeditor is a javascript wysiwyg script.  Javascript runs in the browser.  You could implement code that would allow you to read in the index.html code into ckeditor, and when posting it, to save this back to the server, but the code that does that would need to be a script that exists on the server.  That script would need to be written in a language that provides the ability to write the file out to the filesystem.  PHP is one language among many that has this capability.

• 2 weeks later...

Its better to just install a free CMS solution, then mess with these poor WYSIWYG tools, but even then you must be careful with the WYSIWYG tools in the CMS system. Not all CMS systems handle WYSIWYG very well, and likely most of them will still provide features in their WYSIWYG modules that shouldn't be there in the first place, simply because a user wouldn't be able to use them currectly.

Beginners often make the mistake to assume that WYSIWYG tools will let them create their own website, without knowing HTML/CSS.

Of cause its possible, but you mostly end up with invalid HTML, often using div in place of p and crap like that. I've even seen cases where someone would use blockquote to force indention of elements, and this is even a default feature provided in the WYSIWYG editor for indention in their CMS, (a very expensive CMS I'd might add).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.