• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wdo_will

wdo_will
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

I am having the weirdest problem that I can't seem to figure out.  Basically, my web host thinks it is always serving up requests to post 81, not 80, although I am always accessing it via port 80, of course.  Whenever I install a script (e.g. WordPress), it also thinks it is installing to port 81.  I tried doing a phpinfo(); and in the Apache HTTP_HOST section it says port 80, also.  This wouldn't be a problem, because I just go into WordPress's database with phpMyAdmin and change it, but it is messing up redirects via mod_rewrite and .htaccess for WordPress.  I set it up to use the nicer URIs in WordPress, and it writes to .htaccess, but just redirects to my homepage every time I try it out.  Has anyone every had this problem before, and if so, is it possible to fix via .htaccess (I don't have access to http.conf or php.ini)?

#2 the_oliver

the_oliver
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 364 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

You can always specify the port by simply adding it onto the end of a url e.g. www.myaddress.com:80

Sounds like to resolve the problem propaly however you will need access to the .cong or .ini (most likly a typo!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users