Changing Display Resolution

pop-eye

Thanks.

But no,  I need to change the actual resolution of the display. I know there are ways to get all of the supported resolutions of the display but I do not know how to change the actual display resolution. Let's say from default 800x600 to 1280 x 1024. There has to be some way of doing this programmatically.

Thx

Okay... If it is not possible, than it is not possible! I understand all the problems that this might cause. But I am working for a private corporation and all devices belong to the corporation and if they want to change the resolution of their displays, they should be able to. The users keep changing the resolution to what they like and our application will not fit or display correctly when the standard resolution was changed. We tried the group policy approach and it did not work that well either.

So with all due respect; calm down a little and if you are not a "99%"er, see this issue the capitalistic way.

Fix the app so it works for normal computer resolutions, or lock down the machines properly so they can't change their resolutions. 

Yes, a company is able to change the resolutions on their own hardware: Send the IT guy to click the button himself, or use Domain rules to lock them to a specific configuration. 

And it's generally not a good idea to ask someone if you can do something stupid, and then tell them to calm down when they're emphatic.  The reason you can't use a web site to change the user's resolution is because 99.999% of web pages are not private intranet pages.

The 1% comment is also pretty stupid on a site that was blacked out for SOPA yesterday.  I'm just going to ignore you from now on.

Thanks. I learned a lot from your advices and this thread in general about the stuff that I did not know before.

Why don't you start a new thread on the problems you are having with your current application for certain resolutions. That is something we could most definitely help you with. And, that's the real solution you should be pursuing. If your car makes a knocking sound when it goes over 50 miles per hour you don't take it to the mechanic and ask him to install a govenor to prevent the car from going over 50.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.