.htaccess on XAMPP?

dyr

Currently using xampp to figure out how to code, then when i get a better idea of PHP I'll go to an actual host server.  My question is, is there an .htaccess file already on XAMPP?  I tried searching and couldn't find one to edit.  If there isn't one and I have to create my own, suggestions on what I should add and how to go about it?  Anything is really appreciated, I'm an extreme newb.  ^^

Cheers,

Dyr

Simply create a .htaccess files in the htdocs folder (doc root for xampp).

However before you do this, make sure that this directive:

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

in the servers http.conf file (normally found in \apache\conf) is not commented so the module is enabled.

Thorpe, as of now I'd like to add my own custom 404 errors and know how to roughly go about this via .htaccess

AyKay47, I found httpd.conf file, which lists the same directive, however the load module does not have a # in front like you listed, will it still work?  There is a # on the directive below it:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

#LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so

Thanks for the  help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.