More ACTA

freelance84

http://rt.com/news/acta-uk-illegal-downloading-jail-753/

I am by no means a hacker.. but..

When ACTA starts prancing around chucking people in prison for downloading files or publishing a house party video from uni with a BMI produced record in the background... people just won't stand for it, surely?

Like the alcohol ban in the US or the current global drugs problem, people will simply find an alternative way... If your ISP is watching you like some perverted peeping tom, encrypt your data. I'm sure someone already knows how to create a browser or addon for firefox which can decrypt data of a certain type based on personal criteria and passwords... freedom of information is like a drug and in the same way as the alcohol ban people won't want to give it up just because a few money men on top say so...

I wouldn't be surprised if the countries who don't agree to sign ACTA start to house a black market of ISP's sending net access to restricted countries via offshore ships beaming signals into receivers on land which in turn relay across an underground network. Or maybe russia just powers the worlds net from now on via their satallites.. who knows..

I mean if everything in this video is true:

Then human kind made a giant leap forward in society a decade or so after the internet was born and now a few corrupt bent and probably $$$!££ (the signs are not for a naughty word there but for a group of humans which often seem to sit at the top of companies with questionable morals) money men are forcibly taking us back against our will... Like most people who are just hearing about this now in more detail I'm struggling to stomach that this is actually going to happen. The most ridiculous thing of it all is the short sightedness of it, people will find another way. They always do as no one man controls another.

More natural resources and money will be spent on creating an alternative means to achieve the freedom we already have today, it's bonkers! Yet there is virtually no news coverage here in the UK to speak of and the majority of people no nothing about it... show them the video above and most simply say

'Yeaaaaa..... sure. Like that's actually gonna happen!'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.