Permanently moved Page help

lukep11a

Hi, I had a page, team-info.php?team_id=48 for example and some of these pages have been indexed by google, I then decided to move team-info.php into a folder named team and use my .htaccess file to rewrite the links to team/48 meaning some of the results in google now link to an error page. I have tried to direct the old links to the new links but it doesn't seem to be working, here's my code:

Rewrite rule that currently works to point dynamic link to a clean URL:

RewriteRule ^team/([0-9]+)$ team/team-info.php?team_id=$1

Rewrite rule to move the old dynamic link to the new one, that is not currently working:

RewriteRule ^team-info.php?team_id=([0-9]+)$ team/$1 [R=301,L]

If anyone can help me on this then I would be very grateful, i've been trying different solutions out for a while now and not getting anywhere, thanks.

The path used by RewriteRule does not include the query string.  You have to test that in a RewriteCond directive.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} team_id=([0-9]+)
RewriteRule ^team-info.php$ team/%1 [R=301,L]

I believe that would be what you want.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.