Is it possible to create indexes in mysql across two tables?

stubarny

Hello,

I have the following sql query which joins two tables.

SELECT * FROM research_job_searches_results INNER JOIN geocodes ON research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_company_location_description = geocodes.geocode_location WHERE (geocodes.geocode_latitude < '26.090402914763' AND geocodes.geocode_latitude > '25.367567085237' AND geocodes.geocode_longitude < '-79.876001085237' AND geocodes.geocode_longitude > '-80.598836914763') ORDER BY research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_index DESC LIMIT 0, 100

To speed things up I'd like to set up an index made up of all the columns that have conditions specified in the query:

research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_company_location_description

research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_index

geocodes.geocode_latitude

geocodes.geocode_location

geocodes.geocode_longitude

Please could you tell me if it is possible to create an index that covers 2 tables?

Or should I create two indexes, i.e. one for each table? ... i.e. one index for:

research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_company_location_description

research_job_searches_results.research_job_searches_results_index

and another index for...

geocodes.geocode_latitude

geocodes.geocode_location

geocodes.geocode_longitude

Many thanks,  :)

Stu

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.