PHP is not connecting to mysql database?

usman07

I basically click the search button of the form and it just refreshes the page and the form still appears.

That is substantially different from your previous statement of

Ok I have done that above, but i'm totally puzzled I don't understand why it still does not show me anything still? been stuck on this for 3 days. it doesnt show no error messages or anything?

If we had known it wasn't even loading the correct page our responses would have been different than they had been.

yeah when i said 'the form still appears' meaning t actually still appears as html, but yeah i should have explained better.

Your form now seems to be calling the correct page now, yes? Although it is only outputting a "1". Based on the code you are supposedly using, that would mean you only have 1 matching record and only the ID field has a value (e.g. the '1').

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.