PDF on website

INeedAGig

I'm a little confused as to how to approach this. I am needing to allow a user of my website to fill out a PDF and have the contents automatically emailed to me after the user submits the filled out pdf, which I want to be all done in the browser, as far as the user filling out the PDF, kind of like the way a normal form works.

I'm not saying it's an HTML issue, I wasn't sure where to post this...maybe as an admin you can point me in the right direction? Also, it wouldn't be a bad a idea to have a 'General Coding Help' forum for people to post in, for times where we might not know the actual language/function that is needed. 

Now, I haven't really dealt with in browser PDF activity, but I do have experience with forms and email forms (PHP). I'm trying to figure out where I would start with something like this.  I've researched this on Google myself trying to find anything about it, and there really isn't much relevant to what I am trying to do. Help is appreciated, not a negative sounding reply. ;)  Thanks.

maybe this help you

http://koivi.com/fill-pdf-form-fields/tutorial.php

is a couple techniques explained there, scroll down until the part "Using a PDF form to allow users to fill in the data." ... that is an example for what are you looking for

basically you need:

- A PDF file with dynamic fields and actions

- A way to display that PDF to your users ... one restriction that you could find is if your users don't have a pdf viewer integrated in their browsers to display it on-line.

- in case that the user is capable to view and fill  the pdf in their browser you will need a script to capture and process the data (the script is defined inside of the pdf file)

good luck

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.