Increasing simutanious mail delivery in Postifx

Noongar

How can I increase simultanious mail delivery in Postfix? According to the manual I need to use 'transport_destination_concurrency_limit' in the master configuration file, well I did this and now my mail server has stopped working.

transport_destination_concurrency_limit = 1000

I think you misunderstood the manual.  "transport" in this case, is meant to be a placeholder for an actual transport method.  It is not a parameter in and of itself.  If you did want to effect outbound smtp connections then you'd want to set smtp_destination_concurrency_limit.

Even if that were not the case, 1000 is far too high of a value, since it is a "per domain" setting.  Just to give you an idea, the default for one of these settings is "20", based on the mapping driven via the

In the main.cf look for

#local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
#default_destination_concurrency_limit = 20

Uncomment default_destination_concurrency_limit and increase it to something like 40-50 and see how that goes.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.