error on my page

R1der

ok i tried my best to fix this my self and then found my self here asked for help lol

i get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/lostcity/public_html/mailbomb.php on line 41

[code]<?PHP
$rand = rand(11,20);
   if($rand==11 || $rand==12 || $rand==13 || $rand==14 || $rand==15 || $rand==16 || $rand==17 || $rand==18 || $rand==19 || $rand==20){
   echo "You Go and buy a bomb and some anthrax You send it to $r['username'] through the maill thay open the package and the bomb explodes spraying anthrax in there face and landing them in hospital for 400 minutes and earning you 650 exp."; // this is line 41

mysql_query("update users set exp=exp+650 , money=money-15000 where userid=$userid",$c);
   mysql_query("UPDATE users SET hospreason=\"Sprayed with anthrax from $ir['username'] WHERE userid={$in}", $c);
   event_add($in, "<a href='viewuser.php?u=$userid'>{$ir['username']}</a> Sent you a mailbomb in the mail spraying anthrax in your face you are in hospital!", $c);
}
?>[/code]

[code]echo "You Go and buy a bomb and some anthrax You send it to $r['username'] through the maill thay open the package and the bomb explodes spraying anthrax in there face and landing them in hospital for 400 minutes and earning you 650 exp."; // this is line 41[/code]

can anyone spot the problem?

thanks for your time

This is more of the code

[code=php:0]
<?PHP
$rand = rand(1,10);
  if($rand==1 || $rand==2 || $rand==3 || $rand==4 || $rand==5 || $rand==6 || $rand==7 || $rand==8 || $rand==9 || $rand==10){
  echo "You cross the wires in the bomb as you are putting it together it explodes and sprays anthrax in your face and landing you in hospital for 400 minutes and taking 300 exp from you.";

mysql_query("update users set exp=exp-300 , hospital=hospital+400 , hospreason=\"Sprayed with anthrax while doing a mailbomb\" where userid=$userid",$c);
}
$rand = rand(11,20);
  if($rand==11 || $rand==12 || $rand==13 || $rand==14 || $rand==15 || $rand==16 || $rand==17 || $rand==18 || $rand==19 || $rand==20){
  echo "You Go and buy a bomb and some anthrax You send it to $r['username'] through the maill thay open the package and the bomb explodes spraying anthrax in there face and landing them in hospital for 400 minutes and earning you 650 exp.";

mysql_query("update users set exp=exp+650 , money=money-15000 where userid=$userid",$c);
  mysql_query("UPDATE users SET hospreason=\"Sprayed with anthrax from $ir['username'] WHERE userid={$in}", $c);
  event_add($in, "<a href='viewuser.php?u=$userid'>{$ir['username']}</a> Sent you a mailbomb in the mail spraying anthrax in your face you are in hospital!", $c);
}
?>[/code]

Second look and your code makes no sense. You generate a random number between 1 - 10, then execute some code if your random number is between 1 - 10. Whats the point?

Also... do you like typing or something? See my previous reply.

As for your error. I dont see anything in your code that would generate that error.

[quote]yes  1 - 10 is the fail message

11 - 20 is the succsed message
[/quote]

Both of these are going to run, one after the other.

[quote]i dont see no point in changing the "if" statemts till i fix this error[/quote]

Thats caused your error Im sure. You'd need to use something like...

[code=php:0]
if (($rand==1) || ($rand==2) || ($rand==3)) {
[/code]

I dont fancy typing out all the rest but you get the idea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.