Send SMS from a website.

tebrown

Hey guys im looking at doing a project that involves sending SMS(Text Message) from an online website. Im just wondering how hard it is to setup using php?

For example: If i have registered user (manager) and i want to send a SMS to my team mates from the website itself, how hard would this be?

Some cell phone companies will allow you to send a text by sending an email to a special address.  Usually theNumber@somedomain.com.  An easy what to find out which email you need to use is to send a text from your phone to your email and see who it is from.

If you want to be able to send a text to any number regardless of provider, then you'll have to either get a gateway or pay for a service and use their api.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.