Scheduler that interacts with CI or php and database

ethereal1m

oh.. that was a good idea.. I was thinking about using oracle scheduler to do the job (it is a oracle database).

Ok, this is the detail scenario I should had mentioned earlier, suppose there is filter that is customizable via CI GUI. Basically the filter tells a condition of a query, for example which 'column' or which 'where clause' condition of a database table suppose to be fetched. The one that does the actual execution of a query is a pl/sql procedure that resides in the database. The query uses the configuration that it gets from the filter.

So I'm thinking about making the CI GUI upload the filter configuration into a text file and let the pl/sql procedure read the configuration. The procedure is then executed by scheduler (whatever that is). Is this doable?

Is there any more practical way to do this? The interface must use CI but the scheduler and the entity that does the query can be anything...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.