aRRGG is AOL messed up or something? cuz....

jwk811

im trying to make a site here and i keep uploading the files after i make a change once i replaced an image it wouldnt show up on the website when i refreshed the page.. i was on aol with it and for a while i was trying to figure out what the problem was and it was just showing the old image.. then i went to me IE and it came up fine and still with aol its not showing.. would you know why its doing this?

Clearing your own browser cache (temp internet files) may not solve the AOL problem since AOL may have cached the page on an intermediate/proxy server to "improve service" as AOL puts it (other people might describe it as AOL's crappy service).

The solution is to trick the server (or proxy cache) into thinking you want a fresh version of the image on every reload. img src='your_image_name.jpg?random-number' would do that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.