Pinterest "Follow me"

drisate

Hey guys i need help creating a working "follow me" button for pinterest. All the buttons i found is only an URL to the page and the user needs to click on the follow me button so it's not really the best way of doing it ... I was looking at the source code and the link looks like "http://pinterest.com/USERNAME/follow/" but when you open the page you get a 404 error. I took a look at the javascript and man did they make it complicated ... so fare what i understand is that the link returns FALSE so you never end up opening /follow at all

In fact i think it submits an invisible forme some how ... but i can't put my hand on how it's made

Take a look at it and let me know what you understand.

Steps to reproduce:

Create an account at www.pinterest.com

Open up the profil of sombody else and click the redbutton "Follow all"

What needs to be done:

Find a way to host else where the same button that would make the user follow the given user

Any help would be very appreciated

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.