Force SSl

Ninjakreborn

Wasn't sure where to ask this, since it wasn't directly PHP related.

I want to force SSL on a pretty complex system. It's a system that deals with various transactions, automatic crons that run automated transactions and a lot of very heavy systems.

Here are some questions I have about SSL.

1. Below is code to force everything to go to SSL via HTAccess:

RewriteEngine On 
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} somefolder 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.domain.com/somefolder/$1 [R,L]

Is there a way I can restrict this code to a specific IP Address. I want to force SSL for just my IP address so that I can test the site thoroughly using the new SSL links, and see (make sure)

everything is working before taking it live to the live site.  Testing with just my IP would be a lot easier.

2. Is SSL going to interfere with any get/posts?  Meaning...if I use that code above, and someone is on a page..and they submit a form, it's going to force them into SSL, is that going to be considered a redirect

and clear out any post/get variables? I just want to try to find out ahead of time if it's going to mess up anything I have running.

3. Have any of you had any situations where you forced SSL then had a lot of issues with the site not working right?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.