Fatal error: Class 'msqli' not found

I almost feel embarassed to ask this question !

I installed LAMP thru Synaptic Package Manager (or sudo apt-get install, I don't remember well) on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS development server.

i am trying to build a web app which uses PHP & MySQL (dynamic pages).

When I try to query MySQL from within <?php .. ?> in <filename> , I get the 

Fatal error: Class 'msqli' not found in <filename>.

PHP works, PHPMyAdmin works, I set the msqli.default_socket parameter to /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock (without "") in the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file as per phpinfo() - still it doesn't work !

Why the heck doesn't it ?! What else should I do ?

Remark: the user which queries MySQL has been defined (it is not "me", the Ubuntu user) and has SELECT granted on all tables in the Database.

Thanks,

Mike

Thorpe: I don't see mssql, but since its LAMP, its MySQL (several times). MySQL, for sure.

AyKay47: Thanks, but how do I do what you suggest ?  :shrug:

What is the "proper directive" ? I changed msqli.default-socket. I checked afterwards in phpinfo().

And how do I make sure about the socket ?

I am quite new with LA.P (databases I know well).

Mike

Ok, solved. It was a typo in my code, quite stupid. Sorry for wasting your time !

There's not even such a thing as msqli - only mysqli. That's all.

PS. In Ubuntu, instead of php_mysqli.dll, there's a mysqli.so, just for the record.

Thanks everybody for their help.

Mike

How do I mark this as solved ?

I don't see mssql, but since its LAMP, its MySQL (several times). MySQL, for sure.

What? Read the topic of your thread.

Did you install the mysqli extension when you installed PHP? PHP is not a single package but is made up of many different packages.

I haven't used Debian (or Ubuntu) in a while, but it would be php-mysqli or similar.

apt-get install php-mysqli

Yes, I had installed php-mysqli.

I only had a typo in my code when calling mysqli, as I explained in my latest post: msqli instead of mysqli  :shrug:

Stupid but "nothing-out-of-the-ordinary" mistake.

Should've posted my code (which is quite long).

Mike

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.