Upgrade trouble php 5.2 IIS

Hi,

I just upgraded from php 5.1 to php 5.2. I have my php running under IIS.
All of my php seems to work fine besides one thing. When i create a from that looks something like the following.
[code]
<?php
$myPhpString="this is a string";
?>
<form>
    <input value="<?=$myPhpString?>" />
</form>
[/code]

instead of putting the value "[color=red]this is a string[/color]" as text in my input tag it puts <?=$myPhpString?>[/color]" /> in the textfield in my browser with tags and all.

Anyone know what the the trouble could be?

thnx

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=113838.msg462914#msg462914 date=1162663034]
When you upgraded you didn't turn the [b]short_open_tag[/b] directive on in the php.ini

However I do not recommend you to rely on short tags when coding your scripts, for compatibilities sake. You should use the full tag: <?php or use <?php echo instead of <?=
[/quote]

What kind of compatibilities could be the problem? I use the short tags to keep my php code to a minimum in my form pages. most of my functions are build in classes to make my code more readable and maintainable

By compatibility I meant. If you coded your script with the short_open_tag directive enabled and you used the following tags:
<? or <?=

Then your scripts will fail to work or fail to function correctly when you run your scripts that had the short_open_tag directive disabled. Which is what your experiencing now when you upgraded form PHP5.1 top PHP5.2

Not all PHP set ups will have the short_open_tag directive enabled.

Thats why I said in order to make your scripts compatible you should use the full tags <?php instead of <? and <?php echo instead of <?=

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.