can you GUESS what might be wrong with that code?

megetron

hi all,

I have an issue that happens for my website users. but it happens only for few and I cannot reproduce the problem.

There is the following code that opens a new box with details:

<a href="#displayBox" onclick="javascript:ShowCommissionDetails('1','2');">Commision</a>

<script>                                
function ShowCommissionDetails(pId, aId)
{
	if(pId){

document.getElementById('div_faded').style.display='block';
		document.getElementById('div_ViewCommission').style.display='block';
		document.getElementById('div_faded').className="showProgramCommissionFadeDiv";
		var url = "CommissionDetails.php?pId="+pId+'&aid='+aId;
		ajaxpage(url,'div_ViewCommission');

}
}

function CloseCommissionDetails()
{
		document.getElementById('div_faded').style.display='none';
		document.getElementById('div_ViewCommission').style.display='none';
}
</script>                                

some of my users says that it doesnt work...but I just cannot reproduce,

can you have a guess what might be wrong with that code?

Thanks,

You'll have to get them to give you more details, such as the error message.  There's nothing inherently wrong with what you posted, but that doesn't mean there isn't maybe something wrong with the page as a whole, perhaps only in specific situations.  Maybe some .js file you included is failing to load.  Maybe they don't have Javascript enabled.  Maybe some Antivirus/Antimalware/Popup software is re-writing the page so it has an error on their end.

I've seen all the above and more actually happen and be the cause of an error that a client had which I couldn't replicate.

If the client can't figure out how to get the error message to forward it to you, or any other information you need ask them if they are willing to let you remote into their computer using an app like TeamViewer so you can better guide them and/or do it for them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.