hide/show divs.. how do i do that?

jwk811

i want to have a form that has two options using radio buttons and depending on which ever they pick a set of new options would show up.. i was told that this could be done by hiding and showing <div>s but im not sure how i can do that.. so if anyone could please show me how that would be great

You will need to do someting like this..

Javascript

[code]
function showHideDiv() {
    var div = document.getElementById('yourDiv').style;
    if (div.visibility == 'visible') {
div.visibility = 'hidden';
    } else {
div.visibility = 'visible';
    }
}[/code]

Now you will have to define the visibility state in the div it's self for this to work..

Like this.

[code]<div id="yourDiv" style="visibility:hidden;">Something here</div><a href="#" onclick="showHideDiv();">Click to show/hide the div</a>[/code]

You can also use display..

Like this.

[code]
function showHideDiv() {
    var div = document.getElementById('yourDiv').style;
    if (div.display == 'block') {
div.display = 'none';
    } else {
        div.display = 'block';
    }
}[/code]

Hope that helps,
Tom

how can i set that up using radio buttons. the code above would work with check boxes but now im stuck playing around with the code to get it to work for the buttons. can you see what my problem would be? if there was like an offclick thing when the button goes to a different one it would work

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.