Delete XML Node With jQuery.remove

hobbiton73

I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I've put together this http://www.mapmyfinds.co.uk/development/deletetest.php page which allows users to view a gallery of their uploaded images.

Upon initial upload, the physical images are saved in the following file structure: UploadedFiles/userid/locationid/image and the details of the image i.e. description etc are saved in an xml file called 'files.xml' which is stored in the same directory as the physical images.

I'm now working on allowing the user to be able to delete these images.

By way of a deletion icon under each image, I've, admitedly with some 1st class help from scootstah on this forum, put together the following which successfully deletes the physical image.

'Onclick Event'

<script type="text/javascript"> 
	Galleria.ready(function() {
		this.$('thumblink').click();

$(".galleria-image").append( 
	"<span class='btn-delete ui-icon ui-icon-trash'></span>"); 
	$(".btn-delete").live("click", function(){
	var img = $(this).closest(".galleria-image").find("img"); 

// send the AJAX request
	$.ajax({
	url : 'delete.php',
	type : 'post',
	data : { image : img.attr('src') },
	success : function(){
	alert('Deleting image... ');
	img.parent().fadeOut('slow');
	}
	});

return false;
	});

});

</script>

delete.php

<?php

if (!empty($_POST)) {
$image = $_POST['image'];

if (file_exists($image)) {
unlink($image);
} 
}
?>

The problem I'm having, is deleting the matching node in my xml file, an extract of which can be found below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
- <files>
  <file name="stag.jpg" source="stag.jpg" size="21341" originalname="stag.jpg" description="No description provided" userid="1" locationid="1" /> 
  </files>

I've done quite a bit of research and found that the jQuery had a command call 'jQuery.remove'. Using a brief tutorial I found, I added the folowing to the end of my 'Onclick event' script.

var doc = $(files.xml); 
doc.find('file_name:src').remove(); 

Unfortunately, although I receive no error message, the row in my XML is not deleted, and I'm not really sure why.

I just wondered whether someone could have a look at this and let me know where I've gone wrong.

Many thanks and kind regards

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.