Joomla 2.5 Not Load Ajax Page

fry2010

hey, Im working with possibly the biggest pile of dump CMS, joomla 2.5. I am having an issue getting a Jquery ajax call to request a .php file within a component directory. Basically joomla is throwing a 404 not found. I have made sure it is correctly pointing to the right location, its just throwing this error.

Any ideas?

I have made sure it is correctly pointing to the right location, its just throwing this error.
Clearly it's not.  404 errors mean 'this is not pointing to the right location'

Really? It's possible to point to the correct location and still get a 404 not found error. You have heard of the php function, header() right? Just becuase something declares itself as 'not found' does not make it correct. That is down to the system (joomla) throwing this '404' header, even though the resource is there.

You think joomla is manually serving a 404 error for a file that does, in fact, exist? 

You didn't make us angry, what you're saying makes no sense.  Why would a CMS just declare a file as invisible?  Why would it incorrectly serve a 404 when that's not the proper header response for "file exists but you cannot see it"? 

If you think the file really does exist, prove it.  Find where joomla is serving the 404 and paste it here.  Or comment it out and see what happens.  Or show us any information other than "I pinky swear the URL is right but the server says it's not." 

All you've given us is "I hate joomla.  Joomla says I'm wrong.  Well I'm not.  So there."  All we can say is, despite joomla being pretty terrible, we still trust it to know whether the files are there.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.