K im seriously confused is this Pagination or what??

0o0o0

Ok ive read 24 hours worth of paginations on the net.. yep. burnt out.

Im not looking for "numbers".. prev 1 2 3 4 5 next..  because when you use this for Single one at a time pages.. the link is like  page=1 page =2 

then if I were to make it meta tagged and want it searchable..  what if say page=2 was say a mustang photo.. and I added another car like corvette to the list.. then that

orignal page=2 wouldnt be mustang anymore.. it would be different... so then if someone views the google result Mustang.. it wouldnt be page=2  it would be page=3 which means it would be the wrong page.

also I noticed with pagination examples.... say if the page was... the list..  page 1 2 3 4 would still be page the list.

how do I make this 100's of pages..  read through and go page by page next car to next car..  is this possible??

How about one of those RATE MY ????? anything    websites..

just confused..anyone point me in the right direction... and google +pagination doesnt seem to be what im looking for.

Like if someone searhced MUSTANG...  id want google to show MUSTANG PAGE... not  blabla.com/website/vehicles.php?page=1  which will never be found.

Hey am I lookin for a PRIMARY KEY??  should I do that??  then the results will be the same number for the same vehicles??

lemme know.

A better solution may be to select the previous/next car by its ID and not an arbitrary page number. Your links might look like vehicles.php?vid=40495 for a Mustang and vehicles.php?vid=50694 for a Corvette. Use the ID from the database and make sure the column is a primary key and auto incrementing; that way the ID's will always be unique.

wicked, like...

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.html
RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?.htm$  vehicles.php?car=$1     [L]

k thanks..  how do you get two like  Car Year

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.html
RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)_^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?.htm$  vehicles.php?car=$1 year=$2     [L]

?? ( was a guess )

ok here we go...... view this page.

http://www.stmarytx.edu/universe/index.php?site=slideShowFancyExample

its pagination.. but click the next button.. see how the page still stays on the very same page??

Im trying to get my page(s)  NOT to do this.. so say on the link I have above.. if you clicked next.. it would be a totally completely new page.. and new pic.

this is what im trying to accomplish.. ( not another rate my face site) but this idea exact..

excuse the content, but its only example I can show..

http://ratemyexgf.com/rate-my-girlfriend/popular/6633-yeah-sure-she-looks-good

now heres the part I want that pagination somehow isnt showing on tutorials..

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=6633-yeah-sure-she-looks-good&oq=6633-yeah-sure-she-looks-good&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=hp.12...1564.1564.0.2535.1.1.0.0.0.0.75.75.1.1.0...0.0.kiEmRQ4hyRU&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=968d50904bb3f798&biw=1536&bih=702

see!!!  google can pic up the page..  so its one single paginate???  and google can bot it.

is this pagination?? or Form forwarding??

again dont click around in that site too much.. the captions are pretty nasty.  But lemme know! and maybe you have somewhere I can read up more.

I know pagination but somehow im not gettin this to work..  htaccess file changed also.. 

Another question.. yep yet another!... it jumps up in numbers.. indexs I assume.. ok but how does it know to jump jump jump  from 6672 to 6678??? and NOT post page not founds for 6673 6674 6675 6676 6677???

im all questions this week! sorry.. lemme know tho

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.