Delivery range validation for food online ordering website

eldan88

I have restaurant online ordering website based out of New York, NY. People who have been using the website to order online, are placing orders that are out side the restaurants delivery range.

Any suggestions on how I can implement a validation on the checkout page, that validates the customer's address, which will match up with the restaurants delivery range.

Are there any 3rd party apps that can handle this?

Thanks

You could collect the range of zip codes that are within your delivery area and have a script that cross-references them when the user enters their address during checkout.

Or you could work with a coordinates boundary system which would geocode the address and check to see if it's within your boundaries of delivery.

Zip code is probably easiest IMO.  However, being from Canada, I'm not sure how large an area a zip code in the US might cover.  Our postal codes don't cover a very large area, not at least in my neck of the woods.

there's a few ways to do this, maybe it would be easiest to simply hit the google maps API for driving directions.  Any more than 20 minutes, and you're out of luck.

That would work as well.  The Directions API will return a 'duration' value which you could toss through a script that will approve/deny if drive time is > 20 (or whatever time you allow).

Google Directions API

I have restaurant online ordering website based out of New York, NY. People who have been using the website to order online, are placing orders that are out side the restaurants delivery range.

Any suggestions on how I can implement a validation on the checkout page, that validates the customer's address, which will match up with the restaurants delivery range.

Are there any 3rd party apps that can handle this?

Thanks

Yes validation through zip codes is something I think we can implement with a fast turn around. Thanks

there's a few ways to do this, maybe it would be easiest to simply hit the google maps API for driving directions.  Any more than 20 minutes, and you're out of luck.

Does its cost to use google maps API?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.