Hi people

ukMTED

I'm Dan, 26 years old, from Manchester. I know HTML/CSS to quite a good standard, although if you asked me to create a html document, with the document type included(strict,etc), I couldn't do it, lol. Google, uh :/. I've been trying to learn PHP for around 2months now. I've not really put much effort into learning, yet. I've always focused more on the design look aspect. But, I hope to gain good PHP/mysql/jquery skills over the next 6months, so I can hopefully get a job within that area, or build an awesome portfolio myself and go "freelance".

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi Dan, I'm from Manchester(Stalybridge) too :) There's a PHP NW meetup at Rain bar in town of the first Tuesday of every month, it's free to go, and they have a different speaker each time, I haven't been yet but planning on going soon, seems like a good place to start?

Everyone's pretty helpful here, stick around and I'm sure you'll pick it up ;)

I've been programming for 7 years and still copy and paste the DTD, it's no big deal.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.