PHP not working

Hello everyone in the forum

I am new in PHP, and I hope to get some help from here.

I have installed Apache 2.2 and it worked fine, but after I have installed PHP, it stops working. When I Uninstall PHP, the Apache works but the browser stop displaying PHP, instead it displays (open with) dialog box.

Sounds like a problem.  More information might reveal a solution.

Could you tell me what type of information, but please be simple.

Try to use a Apache, MySQL, PHP distribution, like XAMPP, WAMP, LAMPP, etc.

As I know all these distribution is for linux, but I am using Windows XP SP3.

Thank you all.

Could you tell me what type of information, but please be simple.

Like, what operating system you're using...

As I know all these distribution is for linux, but I am using Windows XP SP3.

Well there ya go!  WAMP and XAMPP are specifically designed for Windows.  Try 'em out.

Uninstall PHP and reinstall by following this tutorial. http://www.sitepoint.com/how-to-install-php-on-windows/ It should work after following all this steps.

Thank you a lot for your reply.

But the instructions says:

Step 3: configure php.ini

Copy C:\php\php.ini-recommended to C:\php\php.ini. There are several lines you will need to change in a text editor (use search to find the current setting).

I can't find such .ini. Only (php.ini-development) and (php.ini-production) are available.

If you are working with PHP 5.3, the php.ini-recommeded has been changed to php.ini-development or php.ini-production. I would suggest you to use php.ini-development i to start with if you're just testing it out.

Thanks a lot.

All are goin' fine now. The problem was in the PHP directory name. I have named it (PHP), and in Environment Variables (php).

Thank you all for your valuable help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.