Problem with include_path

Hi
I have a problem with the include_path setting in php.
In my php.ini file my include_path is set to "c:\php\pear".
When i do a phpinfo() the master value of include_path is "c:\php\pear", but my local value is just "."
When i run a script it picks up the "." and not "c:\php\pear".
What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

What do you meen you local value is "." ? Do you meen your setting it within a script?

if you want to set the include_path from within a sscript and still maintain the origianl path you need to concatinate the two together. Something like...

[code]
<?php
  set_include_path(get_include_path() . ":.");
?>
[/code]

PS: I would NOT recommend setting your path to include ".", this has the potential to cause security implications.

If Im way off here, you'll need to explain what your trying to do (and what is happening) in more detail.

No, what I meen is when you look at phpinfo() there are two values for every setting, a local value and master value.
Now, I have set my include_path in my php.ini file to "c:\php\pear", but in my phpinfo() on the local value it still says just "." and i didint specify "." anywhere.
But on the master value in phpinfo() it says "c:\php\pear"
But when I run any script without the set_include_path() it only picks up the "." and not the "c:\php\pear" in the php.ini

So somewhere something is not right???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.