jQuery Resize strange activity

onlyican

hi all

I am rebuilding a site.

Basically I have a page which has 2 boxes on the right hand side which fill the screen

On Load one big is hidden

On click of a P tag, javascript runs, gets the available height (depending on the height of the window), divides by 2, then shows the 2nd div.

Then you click an X image on the 2nd div, and that div hides again, then resizes the first div to full height.

Works fine FIRST TIME

BUT

when I click the P tag the 2nd time (after hiding the div) it goes weird

Close the div, try third time, works perfect

Try fourth time, goes weird again

Example link

http://help.rideandtag.co.uk/main.php

Theres no PHP coding, so all can be seen via source code.

TRY it

1) Click "Show listing Demo" on the left hand side.

2) Blue box appears

3) Click the X on the top right of the BLUE box

4) Blue box goes

5) Click Show Listing Demo on left hand side again

6) WTF!!!!

7) Click the X again in the blue box)

8) Repeat from 1 and get same results

EDIT:// Console.log has some debug, shows the height being set to 0. Dont know why the maths does not equal 0

Fixed it.

For some reason when I set the desc box to visible it was causing a scroll , thus pushing main down to float under sidebar, thus causing offset to be the height of the document.

Resulting is height of document minus offset of map (being below doc height) total 0. but by the time the debug spat the code out, it was back to the top, thus showing incorrect figures in the console log (and not showing a scroll bar)

Simple fix, set the width to 0 (so the scroll wont force the position below the page) at the start of the function and reset the width at the end

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.