Gnerating sitmap of a messy website

cryptoboss

Hi everybody, this is my first post in this forum and im glade to be here ;)

so my problem is about a web based internal bussines management software written in PHP and JS, the application do its job like it should and work like a charm.

my aim is  that I want to understand how it does work exactly but when I open the www folder I dont know really from where I shoold begin.

I'v asked the gay who coded the application but he says that he wont help me without getting payed generously.

So i tried to go ahead and firstly  I'v detected some redondant files but the task seems so laborious especially because of the insignificant names of files and functions in the code lines.

so my question is there a script or a methode to generate automatically a sitmap or some kind of flowchart to understand for example which file inculde the other, wich function used by the other files etc...

sorry for my bad english and thanks so much.

I don't know of any. You can use debugging tools to create stack traces and such, but I don't know if that will be any help or not.

Unfortunately in these situations where there is no obvious application structure, you just have to take the time to work through the code and find out what it does. It is a pretty arduous task.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.