Post a form to multiple locations?

php_gromnie

I have a simple form and I need to post the info to multiple locations once the user clicks submit. It is a form to interact with a mass mail system, so the data needs to be posted to an ASP page, that resides on the mass mail system's server, but then I would also like to have the data sent to a "success" page that I design, so I can show the user what information they just inputted.. Any suggestions? I am quite new to PHP. Thanks in advance!

-Garrett

I suppose you dont care about the result of the asp page, you just need to pass the information to it.
If that's so, here's what you can do- You can make a php page that will be the form's action. That php page will use [url=http://www.php.net/curl]cURL[/url] to send the post data to the asp page, and ignore the result. After sending the data, redirect to the "success" page.

Orio.

It seems that would work, but would require a recompile of PHP, and I'm not sure if the server this is hosted on will do that. Is there any other way to do it with standard PHP code? And yes, I don't care about the result of the ASP page, I just need to pass the info to it. The help is greatly appreciated!

-Garrett

It's true I have no idea how to use cURL  :). But from what I was reading Orio, it seems like cURL is an addon to PHP that doesn't come with the standard installation. I don't have control over the version or modules of PHP that are running, it's up to my ISP to install any addons, and I'm not sure they will do it. Or am I mistaken? Is cURL part of "regular PHP" ? How can I test to see if cURL is installed and running on the server I am hosting these pages? Thanks,

-Garrett

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.