MySQL Cluster - starting manager

Lambneck

Hi I followed these instructions http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-install-first-start.html and I keep getting the following errors when I try to start the manager:

ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
MySQL Cluster Management Server mysql - 5.5.25 ndb-7.2.7
2012-07-27 16:44:51 [MgmtSrvr] INFO       -- The default config directory '/user/local
/mysql/mysql-cluster' does not exist. Trying to create it...
Failed to create directory '/usr/local/mysql/mysql-cluster', error: 2 2012-07-27 16:44:51
[MgmtSrvr] ERROR       -- Could not create directory '/usr/local/mysql/mysql-cluster'. 
Either create it manually or specify a different directory with --configdir=<path>

So I try to skip the cache and get the following

ndb_mgmd --skip-config-cache -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
MySQL Cluster Management Server mysql - 5.5.25 ndb-7.2.7
2012-07-27 16:44:51 [MgmtSrvr] INFO       -- Skipping check of config directory since config cache is disabled.
Failed to parse parameters for log handler: 'FILE:filename=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/ndb_1_cluster.log,maxsize=1000000,
maxfiles=6', error:13 '(null)'

I can not find anything on that second error. Has anyone done this before? Why is starting the manager such a pain?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.