Get function

shyam13

Your question is so vague that it needs to be answered with a correspondingly vague response. Yes you can use a method as a condition. How you would use it would be based entirely on the possible return values of the method and what your needs are.

If you are having some trouble with some code, post the relevant code and what your problem is.

I have created a table where you can select insects and the insect_slug will be sent to the URL for example: www.website.com/insectscientific/acrolepiopsisassectella, when user then clicks on the product they will be redirected to another page where, if the URL slug is same to the insect slug in the database display the information for that product.

Code:

<?php

if ($_GET['insect_slug'] === ($insect['insect_slug']));

echo $insect['insect_mdes'];

?>

<?php

if ($_GET['insect_slug'] === ($insect['insect_slug']));

?>

That is not a Get method, that is the superglobal $_GET array. Two completely different things. The reason you are probably not getting the results you expect is due to the semicolon at the end of the condition. That terminates that line. So, the next line with the echo will always execute. You should have used

if ($_GET['insect_slug'] === ($insect['insect_slug']))

Personally, I hate that method of if/else statements I always wrap the code associated with my conditions within curly braces for readability

if ($_GET['insect_slug'] === ($insect['insect_slug']))
    {
    }

But, there is nothing inherently wrong with your usage there. But, depending on how those values are determined and what they actually contain I can't say whether they would work for your needs. If you have a situation where values do or do not compare as you think they should then you need to verify the contents of those values.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.