PHP And PDF

vj01

Hi i really need help with this issue, the issue that is presented to me is that i have a PDF File (http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/PPI-consumer-questionnaire.pdf) and what i want to be able to do is open this file in a browser, and be able to edit it withint the broswer.

I have tried many different codes and tried many different ways to be able to do this, but i just cant get it to work any help would be great

thank you

what im trying to accomplish is basically the indivual that logs in to my site which has something to do with PPI needs to fill in this pdf form on the browser to get a quote

and i have no idea how to get around this

thank you

Re-create the form in HTML by hand.  Use the PDF as your design guide, don't use it as the actual basis for your website.

Yes, on a sitenote, it would have been awesome to be able to open a pdf file with a php extension, and get it all transferred to as much alike as possible HTML code. This is when you could just as well have edited it and then with the help of the same extension created a new PDF file with the data sent back from the user.

No reason to make that a PHP extension, it would be too slow to parse a PDF every time.  It should be a standalone application.  However, PDF creation tools are pretty locked down to Adobe products.  Maybe their PDF library actually does that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.