Catching the submit button

Eggzorcist

trying to catch it so I'm print_r post and nothing is added to $_POST array.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

<?php
print_r($_POST);

?>
<form method="POST" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];?>" onsubmit="return false;" class="asholder">
<small style="float:right">Hidden ID Field: <input type="text" id="userID" value="" style="font-size: 10px; width: 20px;" disabled="disabled" /></small>	
<input style="width: 200px" type="text" id="personinput" value="" placeholder="Person" /><br />
<input type="radio" name="owes" value="sUser" placeholder="Who Owe's Who?" /> owes me
<input type="radio" name="owes" value="mUser" /> I owe them <br />
<input style="width: 200px" type="text" id="amount" value="" placeholder="Amount of..." /><br />
<textarea style="width: 200px; height: 50px;" id="comment" value="" placeholder="Comment"></textarea><br />	

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit" id="submit" />
</form>
</div>

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want them to be able to submit using the button. But I'm using an ajax form select which highlights possible users from the database. I want the user to be abl to user the arrow keys to go up and down the list and when they press enter to select that user. I want the submit to work just not by pressing enter button.

It's easy to do :)

1. onsubmit="return false;"    you should remove that - as it was said earlier.

2. Create a function to submit a form. Let it be form_caller(). This function have to set a special JS variable (V) and then call submit() function for a from.

3. Create second function, let's name it submit_check. It checks the state of special variable V and return true if V is set and return false otherwise.

4. Write for the form onsubmit="return submit_check()".

5. It's ready. If you press Enter, submit_check() is called and return false. Form is not submitted. If you call form_caller(), then submit_check() will return true and form will be submitted.

I hope that this explanation in clear enough.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.