php systems.

krash11554

There is no one right answer to this - it all depends on context. In a business environment, you would want to start with the actual functionality of the site. When a developer/team needs to show value to the organization for what they are doing demo'ing a login would not go too far. Heck, even if it is a personal project you may want to see if what you are trying to accomplish is even worthwhile before spending time developing login/registration functionality. Many times I'll have a config script that is included with every page load and put something like $userID = 1; and use that in my script whenever needing to reference the user id. I can easily go back and implement a login process that checks for valid login and sets that variable accordingly.

I always start with the core functionality of the project, and make sure that it works before adding any further modules to it. Of course, this is after I've done all of the planning, so I know how the entire system will work before I write any code.

Having a framework to work from also helps, in that I don't have to recreate the most common modules every time either.

In other words: Just what Psycho said, what module you start writing the code for changes from project to project requirements and, to a lesser degree, developer preference. There is no one true answer to this, besides that planning must be done prior to coding.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.