Open Link in popup window

yobo

Hey All

I have a page where a users types in a number and using Ajax if that number exsist in the DB it will say on the same page "this record was found in the DB click here to view this record" and the opposite happens if the record does not exsist instead of view the record a link says "not found click here to create this record" now this is where I cant seem to find solutions in my Ajax books at the moment when a user clicks the link it goes to the correnponding page example "addrecord.php or viewrecord.php" what I would like is for a popup to show with the content of those pages rather than going to the seperate pages unless JS has been disabled.

hope that kinda makes sense

Joe

• 2 months later...

Yes, I would say it sounds like window.open is the right solution for you, unless you mean you don't want a new window to pop up, but rather a psuedo-window like a fancy decorated div that is shown on the page as if it popped up out of no where containing all you wanted it to from the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.