Coveritlive.com Api Help

agreasley

Hi there,

I know very little about PHP or any sort of coding, and I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me.

We have an account with coveritlive.com, not sure if you are aware of them, and use their service for two functions.

1) We have 'live events' every week. These are created ourselves each week for our website, and we get the HTML code to copy into our website. Easy!

2) We have a 'live ticker' that displays - only at certain times which is beyond our control - on another part of our website. A live ticker differs from a 'live event' as it is always on and can display RSS feeds, posts from an email address or via API information.

Now! We want to be able to automatically get every piece of information any 'live event' that we may create to automatically feed into the 'live ticker'. The guys at support say that it is possible, if we write a bit of code.

They then forwarded us this link - http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=279 - for more info.

Would you guys be able to pick up this quickly in order to help with what to write to make our dream come true?!

Thank you.

Adam

PS - I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum!

I think you'll want the Freelance section, if you want someone to write it for you. You'll also need the details for the system you want to post to/from*, such as the system you're using to post these events onto the website. The format of the message, preferaaly with an example, would also help a lot.

In short: The more information you can provide about both systems, the easier will the job be for the person taking it.

Note that this will, most likely, be a paid commission. At least if you want to be reasonably certain about the quality of the code.

* Not sure where Covertlive comes into play.

Ah right ok, thanks for the heads up :-)

We use a CMS system called SDL Tridion. It does allow us to post in some HTML code but some of it is restricted.

(Coveritlive comes into play as I'm trying to take posts that I make on one of their features and importing it into another)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.