Rtf/doc/pdf To Html

ankitgarg

hello,

I'm doing a project right now and I'm kinda stuck with this... i am building a page which needs to display text and images from a document in same style(font size and alingment basically) as its in document (like rtf, word or pdf) which user can easily change through available editors .

i am getting filename and path from database (Mysql) but i've searched everywhere and got no idea of any way to read file (so far just text from rtf could be read but image is also just all in text, word and pdf give just mess in string)

is there any way to do this using PHP or i have to store whole file data in database itself..

or is there anything else i can do to take text and images dynamically to display on required page

Edited by ankitgarg

There are several applications out there that will convert those documents to HTML - but (any good ones) cost money and will require that you have rights to install the software on the server. I.e. if you are on a shared host you most likely won't be able to get it installed. You would likely needed to have a dedicated server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.