Opinion On Mvc Vs. Dms?

ferrari

Which is to be considered as more concisely defined?

MVC - Model View Controller

An Alternative:

DMS - Directory Module Stylesheet

In the realm of a web application I do tend to think of the directory, the modules coming together (and making up the application), and the stylesheet taking over "everything desgin".

Whereas the term "view", also in combination with the term "stylesheet" is fine to me.

Though, how can "model" and "controller" be concisely defined and understood in this realm?

Though, I am not so sure about "directory" anymore, it was something I would tend to think of.

The point is to have everything concisely sorted.

Indeed, it is a "sorted directory system". Yet, I am still looking for a concise definition in ways that everything is also concluded.

Which is to be considered as more concisely defined?

MVC since you made DMS up. Also the MVC pattern is system- and implementation independent. Which means you can create a valid MVC without any organisation or directories at all.

Though, how can "model" and "controller" be concisely defined and understood in this realm?

You can find these definitions explained in enormous extend on the internet.

A module can act as a container for controllers, models, views. For example you can compose your entire system of modules: blog, cms, crm, .. Each working besides or with another module.

Modules are used to group related functionality. A module can be part of or contain other modules. For example a tire is a module of a car. A tire consists of other smaller modules and it's part of a bigger module: the car.

Edited by ignace

The M does stand for Model, and not for module. Yet, that is the point of this thread, nevertheless.

The folder structure is the folder directory.

Being able to have the project or parts of moved with certainty is the aim.

Edited by ferrari

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.